2014年2月8日土曜日

NSR fixed!

So after the crash I went to my friend Keme's workshop and he helped me:

Change my tires to Dunlop Alpha 13's
Replaced the radiator with one from Yahoo Auction
Put on new clip-ons
Put on new rear-sets


I took the bike into a 2-rinkan Driver's Stand and got the clutch shifter linkage sawed off.  I attempted to remove it myself with a screw extractor but as you can see from the clean hole in the screw below, I failed miserably. It only cost about ¥4,000 and took about 20 minutes, not too bad.


Got my Magical Racing cowel fasteners in, and put aluminium insulation to protect the fairings from exhaust chamber heat.  I still need to put more insulation towards the back, but for now this is okay.


Finished off the work by:
Drilling holes in the fairings to affix to the bike
Setting the position of the clip-ons
Added non-slip seat pad
Attached clutch linkage
Built a stay to connect the exhaust pipes to the subframe (drilling involved)
Added tank pads for grip
Added a rear tail light for Tsukuba family license
Replace all the radiator hoses and flush the system with water (starting the engine to make sure no leakage)




I was actually planning on going to Tsukuba today but the snow storm caused me to cancel my reservation.  I guess I have to wait until next time.